Friday, November 11, 2011

A Hero That i Shall Never Forget

The usual thing when everybody's back to their hometown is subconsciously reminiscing their past as small little things that triggers their fond memories... or in another way saying it... "Down to The Memory Lane" :-)

As i was on my trip from Kota Kinabalu airport, passing my neighbour's house, i remembered once when i was much younger how he denied himself to catch a thief. It's kinda nostalgic for me when my dad asked for my pardon while we were having our tea time, for he thinks it's part of his fault...The truth is, i never blamed my dad for it, in fact i never blamed anybody around me for it. All i ever think was, why in the world that i've never manage to walk to my neighbour and say thank you to him for being so super selfless. My dad reassured me that, on behalf of me, he did go and thanked my neighbour for his heroic moves.

I still remember vividly how all this came about, is when my parents were so busy finding money to support their 6 children's education, i was left all alone in the house on sunday morning to prepare myself to go for tuition in the afternoon while the thief jumped in from my study room window. I could still remember his physique, as tall as 6 ft and very muscular, he could've easily strangle me with one grip.

To make the story short, my neighbour was bare feet and was only wearing his house boxer ran on a very gravel road to catch the thief, when the thief ran faster than him and jumped to the river, my neighbour ran back to his house and call his friend from the opposite side of the river to standby and catch the thief. The thief was still swimming but my neighbour threw all the bricks and heavy stones towards him so that he will come out to the other side of the river which in the end, he did. Hence the thief was captured.

Even up till now, i never thanked him personally for i never saw him being in the neighbourhood anymore. I am still searching for the opportunity to thank him and will always do..


No comments:

Post a Comment